After having initiated dozens of free websites in the mid-nineties, e.g. with Tripod,
Angelfire, Geocities, Fortunecity and Webjump, I got
disappointed when they started merging and charging for sites with more than 5MB. So, at the end of 2001, I opened my own domain and
website at A-Plus, and have been ftp'ing most of my webpages to that site: www.boostdam.net.
As one of the fringe benefits for this annual expense of around $ 100, I get some elaborate monthly statistics and graphs, from which I compiled the following "progress" of the number of my pages (URLs [=Universal Resource Locator]) and their use:
|Month||Year||Total URLS||Total Hits||Avg/day||Max/day|
I alone am responsible for the number of pages I produce,
but their use depends not only on their quality and interest, but also on the growing number of WWW users.
The statistics are produced by webalizer and include astonishing detail of monthly, daily and hourly use, where the users come from and how they get to my site. In addition, there are lists of the most favored URLs, search strings and referrers as well as user agents.